Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Dragon's Heart

Book Review

The Dragon's Heart (Dragon Lore, #1)


Title: The Dragon's Heart (Dragon Lore #1)
Author: Eden Ashe
Rating:★★
Date Published: January 4,2014
Publisher: Lyrical Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Perspective: Dual Daniel & Shelby
Meet The Author: Eden Ashe
Buy Me:AmazonB&N
Second book: Dragons Redemption


Synopsis:

The dragon-shifter king will do anything to keep his mate alive…even if it means war.

“We're dragons. We don't do the mushy friend thing.” – Daniel

Dragon Lore, #1

After millennia as king of the dragon-shifters, Daniel Ashborne wants a little peace and quiet, especially from the beautiful Hollywood starlet who haunts his memories. His escape tactics end abruptly when he is called to the ER to save the one woman he wants to forget, but who now bears his mark.

Shelby Kincade’s life and movie career were nearly destroyed when Daniel vanished a year ago. Now he’s back, claiming they have been accidentally mated. Getting over him once was hard enough, but she must choose either the life of her dreams or the man she can't live without.

With peace finally on the horizon between the dragon-shifters and the Hunters, an assassination attempt on the dragon king and his mate shatters everything. Tensions rebuild as Daniel and his loyal team of shifters try to discover who put out the hit. Enemy and ally lines are crossed, but in the end–after the battle ash has settled–no one could have foreseen who has plotted for their own gain.

CONTENT WARNING: Graphic fight scenes, lots of great sex, and hot, hot, hot dragon men



My Thoughts:

The author was kind enough to send me an E-book copy in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book! I couldn't put it down! First of all is about shape shifting dragons!! Yes, hot men that can turn into dragons at any time!


Shelby is a Hollywood starlet and Daniel is the Dragon king their worlds couldn't be more different. Until Daniel gets a call telling him that his mate has been shot and he has to get to the hospital as soon as possible, it is then that Daniel realizes he has accidentally made Shelby his mate and when Dragons mate they mate for life. Now Daniel is trying to find out who is trying to kill him and Shelby.




I have never read a book where humans shape shift into dragons and let me tell you I really like the concept. The book is a little fast paced, but I didn't mind it at all it kept me turning the pages. I really liked the other dragon characters even though they kept insisting they weren't friends (because dragons don't have friends) you could tell they really cared for each other and always had each other’s backs. I also liked how Shelby was so down to earth and didn't take crap from anyone and Daniel was one of those characters I just wanted to hug and never let go he was so broken and just wanted the best for Shelby, but oh my god is the man stubborn. This book hit me with some twist and turns that I wasn't expecting that had me at the edge of my seat. I really need to get my hands on the second book like now. If you like paranormal romance, shapeshifters, dragons or are just in the mood for a love story with a ton of action look no further this is book is it.  


-SandraTheBookWorm

No comments:

Post a Comment