Saturday, June 20, 2015

Demons and Pearls

Book Review

Demons & Pearls - The Razor's Adventures #1


Title: Demons and Pearls
Author: P.S. Bartlett
Date Published: April 14, 2015
Publisher: Self-Published
Rating: 
Meet the Author: P.S. Bartlett
Buy Me: Amazon



Synopsis:

Had I known the repercussions of murdering the captain of a pirate ship, I may have taken the time necessary to rethink the act. As if I've ever had a choice that didn’t involve a fight or at the very least, defending myself against some man, hell bent on destroying me or my kin. 
All we wanted was our freedom. All we found were demons disguised as men. 
A woman pirate needs friends, big strong male friends, to survive in this unforgiving land of thieves and murderers—at least until she gets on her feet. Of course, trying to find one person you can trust is like finding an oyster with a perfect pearl in it—you have to break a few shells and get your hands dirty. We were lucky. I found the biggest, baddest and most honorable man in the Caribbean and he just happened to be in the pearl business.



My Thoughts:

The author was kind enough to send me her book in exchange for an honest review. This book was amazing, author P.S. Bartlett kept me on my toes, just when I thought I had figured something out she would hit me with a twist and surprise me completely. This was my first pirate book and I loved every second of it, it was so different from what I usually read and I loved the pirate dialogue.

Ivory and her cousins find themselves on board the Demon after Ivory made a deal with the captain to be taken safely to Jamaica, but when she kills the captain in self-defense she finds that the pirate code no matter how good of a fighter she is, it does not allow woman to be pirates let alone captains of a ship. With help on the new captain Will she finds a home for her and her cousins while she can get on her feet. That is where she gains knowledge that some of the pirates have been planning to sell them into slavery, but when Ivory meets handsome captain Rasmus she finally finds a man she really feels comfortable with and who she feels can trust with her life.




Gosh, there aren't enough words to describe how much I love this book; Ivory and her cousins are such strong and badass characters and Rasmus can we just take a moment and admire the love this man and Ivory share they made my heart melt. This book hits you with action since the beginning and keeps it coming throughout the whole book and the moments we get with Rasmus and Ivory are perfection. The ending left me wanting more I can't wait for the second book and see in what adventures Ivory and Rasmus lead us to. I was just wanted to take a moment and say that I fell in love with River too he is such a great character. If you want to read a book filled with adventure and pirates look no further this is the book or if you're in a reading slump this book will definitely get you out of it. 

-SandraTheBookWorm 

No comments:

Post a Comment