Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ugly Love

Ugly Love

Ugly Love

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
Date Published: August 5, 2014
Publisher: Atria Books
Page Count: 337
Rating: 
Meet The Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Point of View: Told by both Miles and Tate's 



Synopsis:

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn't love at first sight. They wouldn't even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn't want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don't expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can't handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly


My Thoughts:

I don't even know where to start with this book. First how can a book make you cry tears of sadness and happiness at the same time, secondly why did it take me so long to pick up any book written by Ms. Colleen Hoover; I'm kicking myself for waiting all this year’s her writing is perfection.


When Tate moves in with her brother and meets Miles she can't deny the strong attraction they both have for each other it's not love at first sight, but there is definitely something there. When Miles lets her know how he feels they decide to start a friends with benefits relationship with two rules never ask about the past and don't expect a future. They soon find out that having sex and not wanting more is very difficult.




I adored this book I love Miles and Tate they are perfect for each other, this book gave me a rollercoaster of emotions I didn't see that twist coming and the ending was complete and utter perfection. Colleen is definitely the queen of new adult contemporary, this was the first book of hers I've read and I devoured it in less than twenty four hours I just couldn't put it down and now I need to own all her novels; I know I'll love them just as much as this one. 




This book gave me the worst book hangover all I wanted to do was reread it, I could not get past chapter one of any book I would try to pick up after reading this one. This book does have a lot of explicit love scenes, so I do think I should warn my younger followers. I'm very excited for the movie; I can't wait to see this amazing and heartbreaking story come to live on screen.


If you have not picked this book up yet I definitely recommend you read it and if you're planning to watch the movie read the book beforehand remember the book is always better than the movie ( in most cases). If you're wondering if this book deserves all the hype it's getting, it definitely does, so what are you waiting for go to your closest library or book store and pick this baby up.

-SandraTheBookWorm 


Quotes I loved from the Book:

“Love isn't always pretty, Tate. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.” 

" Ugly love becomes you. Consumes you. Makes you hate it all. Makes you realize that all the beautiful parts aren't even worth it. Without the beautiful, you will never risk feeling this. Feeling the ugly."

" That's how it is when a person develops an attraction toward someone. He's nowhere then suddenly he's everywhere, whether you want him to be or not." 






No comments:

Post a Comment