Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Maybe Someday

Book Review

Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1)

Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Date Published: March 18, 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Page Count: 367
Rating:
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Meet the Author: Colleen Hoover
Buy Me: AmazonB&NBook Depository
Told by both Ridge and Sydney POV




Synopsis:

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance, Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney’s tumultuous world from the very first page


My Thoughts:

I adored this book! Colleen Hoover has easily made her way into becoming my new favorite author! I immediately fell in love with both our main characters; Colleen Hoover has a way of making all the characters find a way to your heart. The only reason I didn't give this book five stars was because at some points the I'm  attracted to you but we can't be together got a little irritating, but other than that I didn't have any other problem.

When Sydney finds out her sleazy boyfriend is cheating on her she finds herself homeless and with her world turned upside down. She soon finds herself living with Ridge her attractive next door neighbor, Sydney can't help but to be attracted to Ridge there is just something about the way he plays his guitar and the way he carries himself and Ridge can't deny that he also finds himself extremely attracted to Sydney, but unfortunately they have to put those feeling aside because Ridge has a girlfriend that he loves and has no intent of leaving.

This book was just ah I don't even know how to explain it. I wanted Ridge to leave his girlfriend to be with Sydney, but when Ridge's girlfriend would come into the picture she was so sweet that I wanted them to make it, like I said Colleen Hoover has a way of writing her characters that they all make a way to your heart and you find yourself conflicted of who you want the happily after for. All the characters in this novel were amazing but Ridge has a very special place in my heart, he was just utter perfection; where can I find me a Ridge. I don't want to go into many details because I might give away some of the plot twists.


 So if you haven't picked this book up I highly recommend it, if you haven't picked anything up by Colleen Hoover a highly recommend you do; I need to own all her books! If you're in the mood for a funny, cute book that is also going to make you cry and at the same time make you extremely happy look no further

-SandraTheBookWorm 

Favorite Quotes from the book: 

" People can't choose who they fall in love with. They only get to choose who they stay in love with"

" However, I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts." 

" We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most." 

No comments:

Post a Comment