Friday, May 1, 2015

Lali of the Lill

Book Review


Title: Lali of the Lill
Author: Adi Mandal
Date Published: February 14, 2015
Page Count: 152
Rating:★★
Buy Me: Amazon
Meet the Author: Adi Mandal on Goodreads




Synopsis:

Lali must face her fears and begin the journey to The Lill, a treacherous journey built around lies. In seeking for the truth about her past and future, she must leave Krei, the young man who loves her more than his life, and learn to trust Theon, a stranger who claims he is the only one who can help her. 



My Thoughts:


This book was sent to me in Eformat by the author for review, but that in no way affects my my thoughts on this book. What you read below is my honest review.

In this novel we follow our main character Lali while she’s trying to find out whom or what she is. Like she doesn't have enough to deal with she is being randomly attacked by mysterious creatures. When she finally meets Theon a boy that has been helping her survive the spontaneous attacks she has a tough decision to make does she leave with the stranger that promises her to tell her who she is and where she comes from, or stay in her current life with her mother and the young boy she has promised to marry Krei.

When I began to read this book I thought to myself this might not be the book for me the writing style felt a little rough drafty and I also felt that the beginning was a little slow, but as I continued to read the book actually picked up and I really enjoyed it. Adi Mandal has written such a unique story and the main character kicks butt she doesn't take crap from anyone.


This book is a fun, fast read that I really enjoyed! Before I forget to mention I really, really loved the mother and daughter relationship in this book. Lali wouldn't make any decision without thinking how it would affect her mother. This is something that you don't see in young adult novels often. Overall if you're looking for a fast, fun, unique read I definitely recommend this book.


-SandraTheBookWorm


2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds interesting and if I can get over the slow start I might like it :) let's hope so! Great review by the way

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/04/arc-review-through-fire-sea-otherselves.html

    ReplyDelete