Monday, May 4, 2015

Red Queen

Book Review
 
 
 
 
Title: Red Queen
Author. Victoria Aveyard
Date Published: February 10, 2015
Page Count: 320
Rating:★★★.5
Meet Author: Victoria Aveyard




Synopsis:

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the center of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?



My Thoughts:
I sadly have to say I was a little disappointed by this book. With all the hype it was getting in the book community I was expecting it to be a little better, but even though this book didn’t live up to its hype in my opinion, there was things I did enjoy about it. I liked this book I just didn’t love it; like most people did.

 


In this book we follow our main character Mare a seventeen year old girl in a world where people are divided by the color of their blood. The red blooded being the commoners and living under the rule of the silver bloods that have god like powers; everything is fine in the silver bloods world until Mare who is red blooded seems to possess the same powers they do. 

Even though Red Queen didn’t meet my expectations I must say there were some things that really intrigued me; one being the powers of the silvers I just couldn’t get enough of every new power that Aveyard introduced. Oh and the betrayal and plot twist really got me I never saw it coming and to be totally honest there were points in the book when I had no idea who I could trust. Now to the reason I gave this book a 3.5 instead of a 5 I just didn’t get attached to any of the characters I could care less if they lived or died. The book was also lacking on the world building and it had too many similarities with other books. Also the love triangle was insane in this book! Lets just say it gets a little bit annoying how many suitors our Mare has.

 


With that said I will be continuing with the series. I would love to learn more about the powers that the silvers possess and where the betrayal, plot twist are going to take the story. Have you read this book? Did you like it? Leave a comment below; I would love to hear from you.

-SandraTheBookWorm

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment