Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fairest (Lunar Chronicles 3.5)

Book Review



Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)Title: Fairest
Author: Marissa Meyer
Date Published: January 27, 2015
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Page Count: 222
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Link: Fairest
Buy Me! B&NAmazonBook Depository
Meet the Author! Marissa Meyer


Synopsis:

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.



My Thoughts:

In this novella we go back to Queen Levana's past. We go back to when Queen Levana is a 16 year old princess to when she becomes Queen of her beloved Luna.

Let me just say that this book made me feel some things that I never in my wildest dreams thought I could feel for Levana,I actually felt sorry for her. Levana grew up to be a twisted, manipulative, evil Queen and this novella helps us understand why and let me tell you are going to want to rip her head off. This novella also helps us understand how Winter and Cinder came to be in Levanas life.

I recommend this to anyone that loves the Lunar Chronicles and wants to learn more about Levana and her evil ways. I also recommend you read them in order of publication Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and then Fairest, you don't have to but you would be more familiar with the characters when you begin reading Fairest. There is an excerpt of Winter in this novella that just made me anticipate the release even more (is it fall yet). This series is amazing I cant wait to see how it ends!  


-SandraTheBookWorm


No comments:

Post a Comment