Thursday, December 11, 2014

H2O / The Rain

Book Review


Title: H2O/ The Rain  
Author: Virginia Bergin
Date Published: July 17, 2014
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Page Count: 384
Rating: ★★★


What The Book is About:
.27 is a number Ruby hates.
It's a number that marks the percentage of the population that has survived. It's a number that means she's one of the "lucky" few still standing. And it's a number that says her father is probably dead.
Against all odds, Ruby has survived the catastrophic onset of the killer rain. Two weeks after the radio started broadcasting the warning, "It's in the rain. It's fatal and there's no cure," the drinkable water is running out. Ruby's left with two options: persevere on her own, or embark on a treacherous journey across the country to find her father-if he's even still alive.

My Thoughts on The Book:
Let me start off by saying that when I read the synopsis I really like the concept of the book, and I really wanted to like it. I mean what is scarier than poisoned water, since most of us take it for granted every day ( I know I do). But unfortunately I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. I went into it with high hopes but unfortunately the main character Ruby is just so annoying, and lets just say her priorities are not where they're suppose to be. I know she is only 15 years old but I feel like the author made her very childish in a situation which should have made the character mature. One thing I did like was the lack of romance it was like a breath of fresh air, also Darius one of the other survivors I really connected with his character. All in all I don't think i will continue with this series. I felt like it had so much potential and the author did not take advantage of it. I hardly write bad reviews on my blog but Ruby o Ruby made me want to fling the book at the wall. Also this book has two different titles in the US is called H2O, I'm not sure where it's called The Rain.




2 comments:

  1. I was also interested in this book so it's a shame it didn't live up to your expectations. The lack of romance is also disappointing because it can add something interesting if done right. Anyways, great review!

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/top-five-friday-5-book-boyfriends.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anna! :) maybe Romance would have helped. I guess I just expected a little bit more from the author. :(

      Delete